Top Ten Books for Readers who like Character Driven Novels

Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and The Bookish, where we post 10 of our favorite things in each category. 


Top Ten Books For Readers who like Character Driven Novels
1. Everybody Sees the Ants
Lucky is one of my favorite protagonists of all time. He's relatable, hilarious, and goes through an incredible journey. 

2. Winger
Ryan Dean West may just be my favorite character...ever. He's real, funny, and he seems like a best friend to me. 

3. Out of the Easy
Josie Moraine is such a determined character with lots of struggles we can all relate to, and her hope to escape the world she grew up in is sad yet admirable.

4. Fangirl
Cath. Oh Cath. How I adore you. I found so many relatable points to Cath and fell in love with her as a character.

5. Six Feet Over It
Leigh is very dark, but also very strong. Her story is an inspiration, a very touching ride, with lots of sarcasm and harsh reality to keep it real. 

6. Harry Potter
Sorry, but I'm partial to the series. I love every single character that walks in the pages of this series. They are all so developed, and each walk with their own story that they create, not to just add to Harry's. J.K. Rowling is queen!

7. Please Ignore Vera Dietz
Vera Dietz is such a real character. I expect to find her in the little nooks of life and I see her in everyone. She makes a great journey in getting over her friend's death, and it's in the most sad yet genuine way possible. 

8. This Song Will Save Your Life
Elise's story is often heartbreaking, but it evokes a certain emotion of pride and happiness for her as well. 

9. Cinder
Not often is it that characters are so amazingly developed in fantasy or science fiction stories. But Cinder is a talented protagonist, and the way she drives the book is fascinating to read.

10. Just Listen
Annabel and Owen are really great characters in general, and although lots of Sarah Dessen's stories have a similar feel, this one spoke to me the most. 

How about you? What books do you suggest? 



6 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed Everybody Sees the Ants and I'm looking forward to reading more AS King soon. I think Vera Dietz is the next book of hers that I will read.
    Winger almost made my list, it seems that coming of age stories are always heavily character driven.
    great list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree, and encourage you to read Vera Dietz! A.S. King's a phenomenal writer.

      Delete
  2. Winger and This Song Will Save Your Life were both amazing books but heartbreaking too. And I just love Fangirl, Cinder and HP to pieces! Great list!

    Nicole @ The Quiet Concert

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love Cinder! How could I have forgotten about that book. That fairy tale retelling is one of my favorites and the series just continues to get better! Of course Harry Potter because well duh... it's Harry Potter. A.S. King and Sarah Dessen are two of my favorite writers! I think most of the Sarah Dessen novels are very much character driven.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some people say that Sarah Dessen's books all seem the same, but I think that each and every character speaks to me, kind of like Katie McGarry's books. Harry Potter is...amazing. Done deal. :)

      Delete
  4. Sadly, I have only read two of these books, but I totally agree with the way you describe them (ESPECIALLY THE HARRY POTTER ONE, BECAUSE I AM A POTTER HEAD FOREVER AND EVER). But I'm really glad I saw this post, because now I have a bunch of new books to add to my reading list!

    ReplyDelete