Talkin' About: Kate Writes (?)


Kate Writes

So...yes. I write. For me it comes very naturally that by reading, I am inspired to create my own story and see where that will take me. I've wanted to be an author for about 6 years now (although now I have widened by prospects quite a bit) and I have wrote...a lot....since that dream started.

While I've been maintaining this blog, I've been writing, and I've entered a few contests along the way. If you're interested, I recently got an award from Texas Book Festival and you can see my story, set in WWII, here.

So while this is a book blog and I want to keep it as a book blog, I was wondering how it would be if I started to have a feature on here called "Kate Writes" where I could occasionally share my written work with you. They would mostly be short stories and poems, and it would be great to get some feedback on my writing.

As fellow readers, I know that you all have very accurate eyes when it comes to reading writing, and I thought it would be cool. What do you think? Would you like a feature like that? Or would you rather I stick to just book blogging? 

I would love to know :) Thanks!



8 comments:

  1. I think that it would be cool, if you did that feature, Kate! I've wanted to be a writer for quite sometime too, so it would be interesting for me to hear more about your writing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your feedback Emily! I hope you do get into writing!

      Delete
  2. I think this is a wonderful wonderful idea and I would love to read what you write. i am very excited for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like you hinted at, they really do go hand in hand. So jump on it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you should go for it! Aside from the fact that I love reading posts about writing (and I have them on my own blog), you can do whatever you want with your blog! Follow your passions (god that sounded cheesy).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha don't worry it's great feedback. Thank you, that sounds great.

      Delete