Blogger Positivity Campaign KICKOFF!

Blogger Positivity Campaign
Hey guys! It's Kate here, and first of all SORRY about not being around too much...:( I promise I will be back and will up my game. To aid with that though, my wonderful friend Jillian @Jillian's Books has started a Blogger Positivity Campaign to just share and promote positivity within the blogosphere. THIS IS HOW AWESOME SHE IS GUYS. 
Anyway, I have gladly participated, and the first post of the campaign is a small kickoff interview! I know some of you may know me really well by now, but there's always more to discover, yeah? Tell me your answers to these questions in the comments below! 

1. Introduce yourself and your blog!
Okay...I'm Kate, a girl who loves reading, writing, books, and mostly WORDS. Everything with words fascinates me: songs, poetry, speech, theatre, etc. I'm a lover of chocolate and Harry Potter and my other hobbies are singing and exercise! My blog has been around for almost 2 years now (WHAAT) and is the product of my ramblings about everything I read. I love to read anything from classics to Sci-Fi, YA Contemporary to Historical Fiction. Talk to me about books, and you are my friend!

2. Where do you blog from?
My house, usually. There is a special place upstairs where the sun usually comes in perfectly and it's a great way to focus and blog for a while...and it's not too far from my room (or the library, as I like to call it).
3. Who or what made you the reader you are today?
Oh gosh, everything. First, my parents, who gave me an infinite amount of stories to indulge in since the tender age of 3-ish. That's how my toddler self spent my time. READING. (what a nerd.)

The places I've lived have all had phenomenal libraries whose programs I attended all the time. I was personal friends with quite a few librarians, and continue to be today. I still attend book clubs consistently, which is like blogging...but in person!
Different authors and books: Harry Potter, being a classic, Jane Austen and L.M. Montgomery, the women who inspire me, Contemporary authors aka A.S. King, Jandy Nelson who show the true power of stories, and a variety of classics, Les Mis, Pride and Prejudice, 1984, etc.

4. Who or what made you decide to create a book blog?
Hmm...now that I think about it, I honestly am having trouble remembering. I think that I wanted to create a blog because I thought it was so cool, and my parents encouraged me to review books, since I already did that in my free time.

5. What are your thoughts on the blogosphere today?
As accepting and open as I would like, but a little redundant. I see the same reviews, same posts, same blog designs everywhere. I am guilty of this as well so I can't complain too much but I try to be as original as possible. And when someone else has a great new idea (aka this campaign) it's so great to participate! 

6. 5 random facts about you?
1. I have a fear of birds.
2. I love to watch Blogilates and Superwoman on Youtube.

3. Hershey's Special Dark Chocolate...mmmmm
4. I am South Korean.
5. I have a little sister! 

7.5 favorite books you’ve read and loved?
1) I'll Give You The Sun  by Jandy Nelson
2) All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr
3) The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
4) HARRY POTTER 
5) And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie

8.5 favorite book bloggers!
1)Emily @Paperback Princess- Simple, but straight to the point!
2) Jenn and Ash @Jenn Renee Read- So so so good, and I know her in person too!
3) Ranu @The Araliya Bookshelf- Her blog design, her content- EVERYTHING!
4) Novels and Necklaces Their gifs and discussion posts are spot on :)
5) Christina @Books and Prejudice- her blog name is already so clever, and so are her posts! 

WHOO this is long. Congrats for sticking with me all the way, and I hope you liked it! Can't wait to get back to y'all soon! 


9 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for mentioning me, I love your blog too, Kate!!! Honestly at this point, who doesn't like Harry Potter?! It's a classic book in literature now!! You watch Superwoman also?! Her videos get me laughing every time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, of course! Your blog is AMAZING and so are you!! I can't wait to tell my grandchildren that I lived in the era of the original Harry Potter. How AWESOME IS THAT? I love Superwoman and watch her as a way to get a laugh in on bad days.
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. A+ GIF use!

    Hahah, hey Kate! I'm glad this campaign is helping you get back on track with blogging. I think it's a perfect way to get back into the swing of things! Also, I feel like I'm the only one who didn't mention Harry Potter.... Does that make me a bad person? I do love Harry Potter, it is my favourite series ever, but I just didn't put it down for one of my favourite books. I have no excuse...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      It is a great way to have a schedule of what to post and when, which is exactly what I need. I think Harry Potter is sort of a given, so you are absolutely forgiven! The real question is what is your favorite Harry Potter book....hmmmm

      Delete
  3. Yeah! I am so glad to see you participated in this Kate - it's such a great campaign!

    I'm a theatre lover too, and it's really hard to find people who both are equally passionate about books and theatre, so I'm glad to have found your blog. :) Thanks for sharing this and fabulous post! ♥ Can't wait to read your next post on Friday! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so great that you love theatre! This campaign is really awesome in that it opens up the community to a more diverse bunch of bloggers...Thank you so much for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. Cute post, Kate! I spent my childhood reading books as well, apart from playing video games with my brother. (I no longer play video games at all, but now my brother finds me boring for leaning towards books, haha.) I see that you enjoyed All The Light We Cannot See! I just recently bought the book last month for my birthday, but I am a little scared over how it will turn to me! I'm glad that everyone I know so far has enjoyed it :)

    I never really noticed how everyone's content in the blogosphere were nearly similar, but now that you mentioned it, you do have a point! I'm also trying to keep my blog as original as possible, and to avoid discussing the same topic that lots of people discuss overtime (e.g. plagiarism). I feel like people are getting bored over that topic now :P

    Thanks so much for participating because I truly appreciate it! And I really enjoyed reading through your post and learning more about you as a blogger. I hope you have a great day, Kate! I'll be looking out on your post on Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVED All the Light We Cannot See! It's one of my favorite historical fiction books, which is saying a lot considering that is my favorite genre. I hope that you enjoy is as much as I did!

      I only noticed when I would find the same books popping up on everyone's blogs, which isn't a negative thing at all considering that it gives a variety of opinions, but it does get a little redundant. Surprisingly, I like to see posts where someone didn't enjoy a book that everyone else loved, because it's very refreshing.

      Of course! This is a really great campaign and thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. It's downloading time, All the Light We Cannot See Audiobook is now available on AudioBooksNow.

    ReplyDelete