My ideal panel


Hey! I'm super excited about this post, because I get to basically build my ideal author panel. The idea of meeting these authors even just by themselves is CRAZY but all of them together- I'd probably scream from excitement, and they'd run away haha. 

Special thanks to Eventbrite for giving me the idea for this post. Check out their conference page for planning your own events - and let me know if you decide to do something similar :) 


Here we go: (I'm assuming this is surpassing time, so going to pull some people from the past)
I've got to start off with the best of the best. "What's your favorite book?" used to be my most dreaded question but now I have an answer- three, actually. The Book Thief, All the Light We Cannot See, and The Shadow of the Wind, written by these authors in order, are absolutely stunning. They also all happen to be historical fiction, with beautiful, lyrical language and all involve the power of literature directly too. I've been able to see Anthony Doerr (it was so exciting!!) but to see all three of them talk about books and history- I might cry. 
Here are the six YA Gods on my shelf- writers whose books have truly changed the idea of what YA can be for me. They are all so good at expressing the complexity and beauty of YA and really spurred my love for reading as I got older. 
As you know, I am trying to read a book from every country in the world. These five authors are my absolute favorite so far. To get them together to talk about politics, identity, history, and using stories to impact and explore the world would be such a DREAM. Bring on the translators, of course. 
I also started a feminist literature club at my school, and have found some true gems through it. From all walks of life and historical points, these four women would have such interesting ideas about gender equality and writing as a way to tell women's stories...a young feminist's dream.

Of course, the absolute world-recognized gods of literature must be included. These are my favorites. All are not entirely related, but I'm sure they'd make even a panel on cheese the most fascinating conversation ever, because all four are so intelligent, thoughtful, and genuinely incredible.

What would be your ideal panel? Let me know :)





1 comment:

  1. You have some really unique picks here, Kate! I love how widely you read!!

    ReplyDelete