This Year for Thanksgiving...


Can't believe it's already almost the end of 2017! What a wild year...and more than ever, I'm reminded how important it is to be grateful. So here are some things I'm thankful for this year: 


1) Family & Travel

I've always been lucky to have the most supportive, joyful family. Now that less than two years are left until I leave to be on my own, every trip and memory seems somehow a little more special. This year, I especially enjoyed the trips we went on as a family. Spring break: NEW YORKKKK (and massachusetts, connecticut, jersey...but do they matter as much (no))


And over the summer, Eastern Canada: Quebec, Montreal, Toronto, Ottawa...I am in love with Canada. I have more Canadian pride than Canadians. And speaking French was a tragedy, but also such a good experience. Until I move there one day: 

2) 2nd Family & Camp

2017 has been the year I've truly recognized how crucial good friends are. They really are a second family. I'm so thankful for the calls that last for hours, thrift runs, the check-in texts, and all, all the laughs. Of course, I can't talk about a second family without talking about the Young Writers Workshop at UVA. This place is literally my heaven. Probably the happiest I've been in a year- I got to see my friends from last year, and also meet new friends. These are my favorite people in the whole entire world- I miss & love them so dearly. 


3) Books & Stories

What would this list be without books? I honestly don't know who I would be without them; they take such a big part of myself. This year, I'm thankful for great literature that has expanded my mind and touched my heart, and for the readers and writers that have loved books with me, and who have also given my words a chance. 

4) You!! 

Every time that I've put something on here, or brought an idea to a group, it has been received with utmost kindness and enthusiasm. I've been able to create so many different things, express myself in so many different ways, and meet so many wonderful people - like you. Thank you for the continuous support :) 

What are you thankful for today? 

1 comment:

  1. Omg I had no idea you came to Canada over the summer! I live in Toronto :) I’m so happy you’ve got that Canadian pride, I love my country so much!! I love going to Montreal, it’s such a cool city.

    ReplyDelete